1 1/2cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup light (5%) sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside. You can also use regular muffin pans or min-muffin pans. Just bake it at 20mins instead of 25mins.
- In a medium bow, combine both flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar, eggs, and butter on medium speed of electric mixer. Add bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Beat again until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating after each addition. Batter will be thick. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly using a spatula. Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted i centre of cake comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into 24 pieces and store in an airtight container.